After checking the the Clear Sky Charts earlier in the day and seeing dark blues for seeing and transparency, I knew I was in for a special night. I’m still amazed at the amount of detail I was able to capture in the atmospheric banding. This image will be tough to beat with my current setup as the seeing conditions are captured this under only occur a few times per year in Florida.
- Capture Time: 2:30 AM
- Imaging telescope or lens: Celestron C5
- Imaging camera: ZWI ASI120MC-S
- Mount: Celestron CG-3 German Equatorial Mount
- Guiding telescope or lens: Celestron C5
- Software: oaCapture, GIMP, Autostakkert!2
- Accessory: Celestron 2x barlow
- Acquisition Time: 02:00
- FPS: 30
- Total Frames Used: 900
- Clouds: 0/5
- Seeing: 5/5
- Transparency: 5/5
- Temperature: ?
- Humidity: ?